We are pleased to announce a new workshop on “New Trends in Representation Learning with Knowledge Graphs” which will be included in the program of ECML 2019: The European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Database. ECML 2019 will take place in Würzburg, Germany, from the 16th to the 20th of September 2019.
This conference is the premier European machine learning and data mining conference and builds upon over 17 years of successful events and conferences held across Europe.
Title: New Trends in Representation Learning with Knowledge Graphs
- Volker Tresp (Ludwig-Maximilians University and Siemens, Germany)
- Jens Lehmann (Bonn University and Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany)
- Aditya Mogadala (Saarland University, Germany)
- Achim Rettinger (Trier University, Germany)
- Afshin Sadeghi (Fraunhofer IAIS and University of Bonn, Germany)
- Mehdi Ali (University of Bonn and Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany)
Abstract Knowledge Graphs are becoming the standard for storing, retrieving and querying structured data. In academia and in industry, they are increasingly used to provide background knowledge. Over the last years, several research contributions are made to show machine learning especially representation learning is successfully applied to knowledge graphs enabling inductive inference about facts with unknown truth values. In this workshop we intend to focus on the most exciting new developments in Knowledge Graph learning, bridging the gap to recent developments in different fields. Also, we want to bring together researchers from different disciplines but united by their adoption of earlier mentioned techniques from machine learning.
- Maximilian Nickel (Facebook AI Research, USA)
- Mathias Niepert (NEC Labs Europe, Germany)
Looking forward to seeing you at The ECML/PKDD 2019.