TPDL 2017: The 21st version of the International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries took place in Thessaloniki, Greece from September 18 to 21, 2017.
We as SDA group had four scientific papers accepted and presented:
- Exploiting Interlinked Research Metadata by Shirin Ameri, Sahar Vahdati and Christoph Lange
- Integration of Scholarly Communication Metadata using Knowledge Graphs by Afshin Sadeghi, Christoph Lange, Maria Esther Vidal and Sören Auer
- Towards a Knowledge Graph Representing Research Findings by Semantifying Survey Articles by Said Fathalla, Sahar Vahdati, Christoph Lange and Sören Auer
- Analysing Scholarly Communication Metadata of Computer Science Events by Said Fathalla, Sahar Vahdati, Christoph Lange and Sören Auer
Paper abstract: OpenAIRE, the Open Access Infrastructure for Research in Europe, aggregates metadata about research (projects, publications, people, organizations, etc.) into a central Information Space. OpenAIRE aims at increasing interoperability and reusability of this data collection by exposing it as Linked Open Data (LOD). By following the LOD principles, it is now possible to further increase interoperability and reusability by connecting the OpenAIRE LOD to other datasets about projects, publications, people, and organizations. Doing so required us to identify link discovery tools that perform well, as well as candidate datasets that provide comprehensive scholarly communication metadata, and then to specify linking rules. We demonstrate the added value that interlinking provides for end users by implementing visual frontends for looking up publications to cite, and publication statistics, and evaluating their usability on top of interlinked vs. non-interlinked data
This year at TPDL 2017, three very interesting keynote speeches were given by Paul Groth on Machines are people too,
— svahdati (@SaVahdati) September 19, 2017
Elton Barker on Back to the future: annotating, collaborating and linking in a digital ecosystem and Dimitrios Tzovaras on Visualization in the big data era: data mining from networked information.
Thanks to all organizers at TPDL 2017 mainly general chairs:
- Yannis Manolopoulos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Lazaros Iliadis, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece