Institut für Informatik III
Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn
Endenicher Allee 19a (Room 1.065)
Phone: (+49) 228 73-4511
I am a senior lecturer at the Computer Science Department III of the University of Bonn. Within SDA, I lead the SEEDS (Software Engineeering for Data Science) group since its inception in March 2017. I previously led for 17 years the ROOTS (Research on Object-Oriented Technologies and Systems) group within the chair of emeritus profesor A. B. Cremers.
Current Research Interests (SEEDS group)
My current research is dedicated to the cross-fertilization of software engineering, data science and machine learning:
- Software engineering for Data Science addresses the use of software engineering techniques for improving the ease of use, predictabilty, reliability and robustness of current data analytics and machine learning tools, languages and frameworks. Our SimpleML project, dedicated to the development of an easy to use domain-specific language for data analytics, exemplifies this direction.
- Data Science for Software Engineering investigates how machine learning / data science can provide new solutions to classic software engineering problems such as software quality analysis, fault detection, program comprehension, human computer / computer human interaction, etc.
Nevertheless, I am still continuing long-term projects that started before Big Data rocketed, such as
- the Java Code Query Language (JCQL)
- the Prolog Development Tool (PDT)
Former Projects (ROOTS group)
Index by Topics
Index by Projects
<– Revive old pages and add links to them in the table above.
The above indexes might not be entirely up-to-date. You might want to consult the ROOTS research pages for a more complete overview.
- Journal referee, program committee memberships and organized events <– add link
- Workshops on Unanticipated Software Evolution
- Workshops on Aspect-Oriented Software Development <– add link
- Supporting computer science teaching in schools
- Courses (German) <– add link
- Supervised diploma and masters theses (German) <– add link