Römerstr. 164, 53117 Bonn
University of Bonn, Computer Science
Gëzim Sejdiu is a PhD Student & Research Associate at the University of Bonn. Gëzim’s research interest are in the area of Semantic Web, Big Data and Machine Learning. He is also interested in the area of distributed computing systems (Apache Spark, Apache Flink).
- Big Data
- Data Mining and Data Analysis
- Semantic Web and Semantic Search
- Machine Learning
- Distributed Computing
- Big Data Europe – Integrating Big Data, Software & Communities for Addressing Europe’s Societal Challenges
- SANSA – Open source platform for distributed data processing for RDF large-scale datasets
- ML-DSLs – Domain Specific Languages for Machine Learning algorithms
Summer Semester 2017
- Lab “Distributed Big Data Analytics” – (MA-INF 4223)
The goal is to provide experience and technical skills related to Big data processing tools like Flink and Spark, in addition, to make them acquainted with the functional programming style prevalent in concurrent and parallel programming for Big data.
Dr. Hajira Jabeen, Gezim Sejdiu, Prof. Dr. Jens Lehmann
- Distributed Knowledge Graph Processing in SANSA @HPI Future SOC – Lab Day (Spring 2017), 25.04.2017 (video).
- A demo of Apache Flink with Docker on the BDE platform @2nd BDE Technical Webinar, 20.10.2016 (slides, video)
- The BigDataEurope Platform – Supporting the Variety Dimension of Big Data
- Ranking authors on the Web: A semantic AuthorRank by Lule Ahmedi, Lavdim Halilaj, Gezim Sejdiu, Labinot Bajraktari in Lecture Notes in Social Networks, Springer, 2014.
- Semantic Ranking of Web Pages – The Wikipedia Case Study by Gezim Sejdiu. Master Thesis, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Prishtina, Kosova. 2014.