We are looking for a PhD Student / Research Associate — German: Wissenschaftliche(r) Mitarbeiter(in)) — at the Computer Science Institute at the University of Bonn who will contribute to one of the following areas of the SimpleML project:
- research on robust machine learning
- research on explainable machine learning
- development of a domain specific language (DSL) for machine learning
- further development of the distributed Semantic Analytics Stack (SANSA)
- A Master degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Proficiency in spoken and written German or English
- Experience in Machine Learning / Data Mining
- Experience in software development
- Keen interest in top level conference and journal publications
- Co-supervision of Master- and Bachelor theses
- You will be able to efficiently work towards your doctorate in a group of excellent scientists.
- You will work at one of the leading German Universities and will enjoy a close collaboration with Fraunhofer IAIS, as a leading research institute for large scale machine learning and data mining.
- The payment will be between 50% and 100% TV-L 13 and the contract duration between 1,5 and 3 years depending on previous experience.
- You will get financial support to attend related conferences.
- As a PhD student, you will get a strongly discounted public transport ticket.
To apply, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV, a master certificate, a motivation letter including a short overview of previous research activities. Letters of recommendation and writing samples (e.g. prior publication or master thesis excerpt) are optional. Application is possible until the position has been filled. Please do not send mails larger than 10MB.
The University of Bonn is an equal opportunities employer.
For other SDA job offers see our Job Offers Overview page.