We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher — German: Wissenschaftliche(r) Mitarbeiter(in) — at the Computer Science Institute at the University of Bonn who will be able to
- co-lead the SimpleML project,
- contribute to the project’s activities in the area of explainabile machine learning,
- contribute to teaching activities at the bachelor level (e.g. coordination of a project group or of a lecture’s exercise groups),
- supervise master and bachelor theses,
- create an own research group in the long term.
- A completed PhD and/or Master degree in Computer Science (or closely related fields)
- Proficiency in spoken and written German and working knowledge of English
- Substantial experience in Machine Learning, Data Mining and/or Software Engineering
- Experience in software development and project management
- Keen interest in top level conference and journal publications
- Interest in acquiring and running research and industry projects
- Enthusiasm in sharing knowledge and skills with our students and bringing up the next generation of top researchers and developers
- You will work at one of the leading German Universities and have the opportunity to build your own research team. The goal is to perform internationally leading research that can be applied in high impact use cases.
- You will enjoy a close collaboration with Fraunhofer IAIS as a leading research institute for large scale machine learning and data mining.
- The payment will start with 100% TV-L 13 up to September 2021, with a lower followup percentage for the next 1,5 years to motivate and support own project aquisition and group building. Depending on the candidate’s performance assessment, the lower percentage can be extended beyond March 2023, offering a long-term base funding for the prospective new subgroup.
- You will get financial support to attend related conferences and the possibility to obtain a discounted public transport ticket.
To apply, please send an e-mail to email@example.com including
- a CV
- your PhD and master certificate,
- a motivation letter including a short overview of previous research activities,
- two letters of recommendation and
- a writing sample (e.g. prior publication or master thesis excerpt).
If your PhD is not completed yet, please indicate when it will be completed. If a candidate fits exceptionally well into our group with respect to all other criteria, the requirement of a completed PhD could be dropped.
Please do not send mails larger than 10MB. Applications are possible until the position is filled.
The University of Bonn is an equal opportunities employer.
For other SDA job offers see our Job Offers Overview page.